vampkiss

vampkiss

30+ mother of two, fiance of one; who loves to spend her free time reading m/m romance and the occasional paranormal romance or horror books.

Fairytales Slashed 5 - Jamie Sullivan, Sandra Bard, Diana Jean, Cate Enslin

As with all anthologies, there were stories I enjoyed and some not as much.

Part of Your World - 3 stars. Odd mash-up of a merman & rock star story, but it worked for me. Enjoyable read.

Beast - 1.5 stars. This was probably my least favorite in the book. I usually like m/m versions of Beauty and the Beast, but this one disappointed me. 'Beauty' ended up with Stockholm syndrome and the 'Beast' never redeemed himself at all.

The Heart of Evil - 3.5 stars. I liked this one, but the ending felt pretty rushed to me.

Matters of Perception - 4 stars. Probably my favorite of the book and since it continues with characters from the previous story, it ended up upping my enjoyment of 'Heart of Evil', since we get a little more of those MC's.

In Memories Lost in Forgotten Time - 2 stars. Great idea for the plot, but I think it was just too short to get really hooked into it. Never really warmed up to the main MC's.

The Power of a Wish - 2 stars. Had some good moments, but I really, really disliked the sister. The romance fell a bit short for me, mainly because the MC's never had a conversation about things without misdirecting things or they were too full of pride.

The Blind City - 3.5 stars. This was a great adventure type romp, but it fell a bit short of romance until the end. Maybe if we had Thad's POV it would of made a difference.

So, overall I'd give this book a 2.5 rating, bumped up to 3 because the stories I did like, I really enjoyed. Not as good as the previous 'Fairytales Slashed' anthologies, but I know I'll be buying the next one because I love my fairytales with an m/m twist. :)

description